Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virginia Tech tragedy: We are all Hokies




As many now know, a lone gunman, now identified as, Cho Seung-Hui, went on a rampage on the Virginia Tech campus, in Blacksburg, Virginia. He shot and killed 32 people, and injuring many others; as one student stated:


“He just stepped within five feet of the door and just started firing."

I offer my thoughts and prayers to all of the friends and family of those lost, injured, and those who attend the school as well as to the family and friends of the shooter, as they will indeed have a long and rocky road ahead; Also, while what he did was very, very wrong, I send him my prayers. According to what i have read from various sources (News, and other), this student was deeply troubled, and was in need of serious psychiatric help. I hope, and pray that he's found some peace.

Secondly, while I do not own a firearm of any type, I was raised around them; I was trained in how to handle them, use them, and as well as being educated concerning them. I hope that all realize that this incident does not mean that every individual that owns a firearm will be going on a shooting rampage; that firearms, in the right hands, are not bad.

Finally, I hope and pray that this incident encourages each and every one of you to spend more time with your family and friends, for each second could be your last; I hope that each of you reach out and help those around you; your neighbor, paper boy, teacher, or friends, times like these emphasize the need for more people to help others.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Peace, ~Elindelwolf

No comments: